Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Down to earth with a bump

Called home again to find the police in the process of removing a stolen car dumped blocking our drive an hour or so earlier. As we were talking the police left without even speaking to my wife and confirming they'd checked the outbuildings for the villian.

Incensed I called the police sation (from Spain!) and had a (polite) go. They could find the incident even though they had been in pursuit. Wrong county...

I prevailed on them to contact mu wife quickly and confirm whether the search had been done. Called the neighbours who let their dog investigate! The latter was more re-assuring.

Then whilst checking the parlous state of my phone's battery life (and fixing it - thanks APC!) I was suddenly faced with half a dozen drunken footie fans. Rangers playing Barca tomorrow I think. "Donde est La Ramblas?" (i later realised), "er sorry?" "where's the Rambla?". So, reeling from the alcohol output a few inches away I guided him and his mates.

So a great day fizzled out...

No comments: