Monday, April 04, 2011

"At the fair" - I'm quite pleased with these shots - one has a (handheld) exposure of 1.6s, can you tell which one?

On our hols last year we came across this weekend fair that was quite unexpected.  I happened to have my camera with me (unusually for dinner on a Saturday night!), and thought I'd see what I could do.

All in all the results were much more pleasing that I expected.  I was especially pleased that without a tripod or any other means exposures of 1/2 to 1.6 seconds all came out well.
I attribute that to the shooting I do - an accurate small bore rifle shot and a good long exposure camera shot both require good slow gentle breathing, the knowledge to stop about 2/3rds exhaled, and a well constructed stable platform.

I hope you like them.









No comments: