Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dear #apple, thanks but no thanks. Cambridge's stock control system & customer communication needs improving. #fail

Not such a good retail experience.

When I contacted the Cambridge store last week I was told that it was not possible to reserve stock, I would have to take pot luck. As I have some apple card vouchers, I cannot buy online. So today taking advantage of attending a lecture in town this afternoon I travelled early to go to the store. I had checked stock, went to the lad in the blue golf shirt and ordered my device. He confirmed all was well.

Then a couple of minutes later he told me that they were out of stock. It seems their system was faulty. Great. I explained the situation and that as I have to buy in store, I would need to return - was there a way to redeem the cards with a purchase without coming in store. No.
As I was standing there the radio message went out to the shop floor staff to check with stock control before saying anything was in stock to customers.

Then he told me that you can call in and reserve stock anyway, so I asked why I was told last week I couldn't do that. No answer. No offer to help resolve matters.

So now, to make the purchase I have to waste half a day travelling; and your staff cannot or won't do anything to ease that?

No, it doesn't just work does it?

Your mistakes Apple, why won't you do anything to help me rectify it?

Not good enough.

No comments: